As React Finland runs in an online mini-conference format till the next physical event at the end of May 2021, it's a good chance to bring in speakers we otherwise might not be able to due to geography. Usually our cast has been somewhat focused on Europe but with online you don't have the same constraints anymore.
To make most out of the situation, we've decided to run a call for papers (CFP) procedure for the online events.
What are React Finland online mini-conferences#
I've outlined before what React Finland has to offer in terms of online mini-conferences:
- The events take place on roughly a monthly interval.
- Each event has three speakers with a 30 minute slot for each. On top of that there's 10 minutes for a QA.
- Both theoretical and practical talks are welcome. Live coding works as well. We try to have a good mixture of topics for each event.
- All sessions are themed and most talks should fit well within it to foster discussion and exchange.
- Each session contains an introduction to the topic and a fireside chat (casual discussion) at the beginning and a panel at the end.
- You can perform your talk either live or pre-record it with our producer.
- The final talk will be produced and available through our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/ReactFinland) after the event.
- If the talk fits one our sessions, we'll be in touch regarding the arrangements.
If above sounds fine and you want to share something with the React Finland community, please participate in our CFP.
Difficult times require different thinking and so far running online mini-conferences have shown early promise and I hope we'll do even better as we gain experience. It's a great time for us to run a call for papers as it's something we haven't done yet and now it's the perfect time to do it.